HIRED is one of the most respected workforce development organizations in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Founded in 1968, HIRED’s mission is to provide personalized and innovative work solutions. Through a wide range of programs located in communities and neighborhoods throughout the metropolitan area, we help disadvantaged people and other job seekers prepare for and obtain employment.
- More than 10,000: The number of people we serve each year in upwards of 70 programs. We provide job-skills training and employment assistance to dislocated workers, low-income adults, people making the transition from welfare to work, recent immigrants, and youth.
- Hundreds: The number of employers we serve each year through our Employer Services Division, providing customized recruitment and retention services.
- 140: The approximate size of our staff, including more than 100 professional employment counselors, trainers and job developers.
- 16: The number of neighborhood-based HIRED offices. These locations offer computers with Internet access and a variety of print and electronic resources to help our clients explore job openings, training information and labor market information. We also operate partnership program sites to serve specific client groups or geographic areas.
- 100%: Job placement rates and average wages for job seekers in our programs consistently meet or exceed the goals established by our program funding partners. These partners include city, county and state governments, as well as a wide range of corporations and foundations.
The one constant that runs through HIRED’s history, its current programs and the commitment of the HIRED staff is our mission: to provide personalized and innovative work solutions.